Kennel Klub is currently at capacity.
Please contact Tina Seymour at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 618-540-9626 for more information.
Kennel Klub Program
Before/After School Care Program
Grades K – 6
Waterloo CUSD No. 5 now offers a before/after school child care program for students in kindergarten through sixth grade. This program provides children of working parents a safe, well-supervised environment, consisting of homework assistance, enrichment activities, and both indoor and outdoor recreation time.
Kids are encouraged to be kids and have fun with their friends!
As of August 27, 2012, the Waterloo Community Unit School District
has its own before/ afterschool program for Kindergarten through Grade
6 students attending W. J. Zahnow Elementary, Rogers Elementary, Gardner Elementary and Waterloo Junior High (6th grade only).
W]. Zahnow Elementary School 301 Hamacher Street 618-939-3458
Rogers Elementary School 200 North Rogers Street 618-939-3454
Gardner Elementary School 1 Ed Gardner Place 618-939-3060
Waterloo, IL 62298
The program will be located at W.J. Zahnow Elementary for Kindergarten and 1st Grade.
Rogers Elementary will house the program for Grades
2-6 in the morning and grades 2-3 in the afternoon.
Gardner will house the program for grades 4-6 in the afternoon.
Activities provided will include table games, outdoor play, arts/crafts and homework assistance.
Hours of Operation
Half day of school- Kennel Klub is available immediately after school dismissal until 6:00 P.M. Lunch will be included.
Fees are on a weekly basis and due one week in advance
$15.00 Mornings Only (1-5 Days)
$36.00 Part-Time Afternoons Only (1-3 Days)
$51.00 Part-Time Mornings & Afternoons (1-3 Days)
$60.00 Full-Time Afternoons Only (4-5 Days)
$75.00 Full-Time Mornings & Afternoons (4-5 Days)
$5.00 Part-Time multi-family discount per week
$10.00 Full-time multi-family discount per week
$10.00 Additional daily fee for half days of school
$15.00 Additional daily fee for full day of care
Weekly fees are due on Friday and will be for the upcoming week. Checks can be submitted to the Kennel Klub staff at child pick-up.
Fees are not adjusted for children who are absent.
Checks should be written to Waterloo CUSD#5.
Yearly Receipt of Payment provided for tax purposes.
· Enrichment activities, table games, outdoor play (weather permitting), and art/crafts are components of the Kennel Klub program.
· Assistance with homework, guided study, and quiet reading is available. Learning is embedded in many of the activities offered.
· Activities are adapted to meet the needs and interest of our Kennel Klub students and may vary from day-to-day.
· Kids are encouraged to interact with peers and in groups, but overall, to have fun!
· Snacks are provided daily for the students.
· Parents arriving after 6:05 p.m. will be charged $1 per minute after 6:05 p.m. Late fees must be paid before the child is permitted to return to the program. Three late pick-ups will result in dismissal from the program.
· In the event a student is still in the program’s care at 6:30 p.m., the Waterloo Police Department will be contacted to pick up the child. If police intervention is required, the child will be immediately dismissed from the program.