Waterloo CUSD5 Board of Education
|Board of Education President||John Caupert|
|Board of Education Vice-President||Jo Ellen (Jodi) Burton|
|Board of Education Secretary||Lori Dillenberger|
|Board Member||*Kim Ahne|
|Board Member||Neil Giffhorn|
|Board Member||Gary Most|
|Board Member||James Yaekel Jr.|
*All newly-elected board members listed above are in compliance with the Open Meetings Act Training and the Professional Development Leadership Training required.
According to Board Policy 2:150, the standing board committee members are as follows:
|Board Policy Committee||Lori Dillenberger, Neil Giffhorn|
|Parent-Teacher Advisory Committee||Lori Dillenberger|
|Behavioral Interventions Committee (Perandoe)||James Yaekel Jr.|
|Finance Committee||Jodi Burton, Gary Most|
|Building/Grounds Committee||Lori Dillenberger, James Yaekel Jr.|
|Technology Committee||Gary Most|
|Transportation Committee||Jodi Burton, Neil Giffhorn|
|Strategic Planning||To be determined|
|Waterloo Foundation for Excellence in Education|
*Board President serves on all the committees listed above as per Board Policy 2:150 - Committees.
The Waterloo Community Unit School District No. 5 Board of Education meets the third Monday of each month at 6:00 P.M. (if executive session meeting is needed) in the Gardner Elementary School, 1 Ed Gardner Place, Waterloo, Illinois 62298. *If a school holiday occurs on the third Monday, the regular board meeting will be held on the 4th Monday of that month.
PUBLIC NOTICE: The Board of Education intends to hold an Executive (Closed) Session Meeting (if needed) from 6:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. in the Board Room. Open session of the regular Board meeting is scheduled to begin at 7:00 P.M. All times are approximate. All regular, adjourned/reconvened, and special meetings are open to the public. The regular board meeting schedule has been approved by the Board of Education for the fiscal year 2019/2020 and is posted here.
2:230 Board of Education Public Participation at Board of Education Meetings and Petitions to the Board
At each regular and special open meeting, members of the public and District employees may comment to or ask questions of the Board of Education, subject to reasonable constraints.
The individuals appearing before the Board are expected to follow these guidelines:
- Notify the Superintendent by the Wednesday before the board meeting to be placed on the agenda.
- Sign in on the public participation sign in sheet at the meeting.
- Address the Board only at the appropriate time as indicated on the agenda and when recognized by the Board President.
- Identify oneself and be brief. Ordinarily, comments shall be limited to 5 minutes. In unusual circumstances, and when an individual has made a request in advance to speak for a longer period of time, the individual may be allowed to speak for more than 5 minutes.
- Observe the Board President’s decision to shorten public comment to conserve time and give the maximum number of individuals an opportunity to speak.
- Large groups wishing to comment on the same viewpoint are encouraged to appoint a spokesperson to speak for the group.
- Observe the Board President’s decision to determine procedural matters regarding public participation not otherwise covered in Board policy.
- Conduct oneself with respect and civility toward others and otherwise abide by Board policy, 8:30, Visitors to and Conduct on School Property.
Petitions or written correspondence to the Board shall bepresented to the Board at the next regularly scheduled Boardmeeting.
LEGAL REF.: 5 ILCS 120/2.06. 105 ILCS 5/10-6 and
5/10-16. CROSS REF.: 2:220 (Board of Education Meeting Procedure), 8:10 (Connection with the Community), 8:30 (Visitors to and Conduct on School Property)
ADOPTED: March 19, 2012
Anyone interested in reviewing records/documents may submit a FOIA request, in writing, to the Compliance Officer. You may submit the request, writing by mail or via email:
Waterloo Community Unit School District #5
FOIA Compliance Officer
302 Bellefontaine Dr.
Waterloo, IL 62298