Kennel Klub Program
Before/After School Care Program
Grades K – 6
Waterloo CUSD No. 5 now offers a before/after school child care program for students in kindergarten through sixth grade. This program provides children of working parents a safe, well-supervised environment, consisting of homework assistance, enrichment activities, and both indoor and outdoor recreation time. Kids are encouraged to be kids and have fun with their friends!
As of August 27, 2012, the Waterloo Community Unit School District has its own before/ afterschool program for Kindergarten through Grade 6 students attending W. J. Zahnow Elementary, Rogers Elementary, Gardner Elementary and Waterloo Junior High (6th grade only).
- W.J. Zahnow Elementary School - 301 Hamacher Street 618-939-3458
- Rogers Elementary School - 200 North Rogers Street 618-939-3454
- Gardner Elementary School - 1 Ed Gardner Place 618-939-3060
- The program will be located at W.J. Zahnow Elementary for Kindergarten and 1st Grade.
- Rogers Elementary will house the program for Grades 2-6 in the morning and grades 2-3 in the afternoon.
- Gardner will house the program for grades 4-6 in the afternoon.
Activities provided will include table games, outdoor play, arts/crafts and homework assistance.
Hours of Operation
- 6:00-7:40 A.M.
- 3:00-6:00 P.M.
- Half day of school- Kennel Klub is available immediately after school dismissal until 6:00 P.M. Lunch will be included.
- Kennel Klub is closed on snow days and major holidays (note calendar).
Fees are due one week in advance
- $15 mornings only (1-5 Days)
- $15 per day for 1-2 days per week (afternoon only)
- $12 per day for 3-5 days per week (afternoon only)
- $5 per family: part-time multi-family discount per week
- $10 per family : full time-multi-family discount per week
- $10 additional daily fee for half days of school
- $15 additional daily fee for full day of care
Weekly tuition must be paid promptly, one week in advance, to hold your position in the program. Checks can be submitted to the Kennel Klub staff at child pick-up. Checks should be written to Waterloo CUSD#5. Yearly Receipt of Payment provided for tax purposes.
- Enrichment activities, table games, outdoor play (weather permitting), and art/crafts are components of the Kennel Klub program.
- Assistance with homework, guided study, and quiet reading is available. Learning is embedded in many of the activities offered.
- Activities are adapted to meet the needs and interest of our Kennel Klub students and may vary from day-to-day.
- Kids are encouraged to interact with peers and in groups, but overall, to have fun!
- Snacks are provided daily for the students.
- Parents arriving after 6:05 p.m. will be charged $1 per minute after 6:05 p.m. Late fees must be paid before the child is permitted to return to the program. Three late pick-ups will result in dismissal from the program.
- In the event a student is still in the program’s care at 6:30 p.m., the Waterloo Police Department will be contacted to pick up the child. If police intervention is required, the child will be immediately dismissed from the program.